Thursday 9 July 2009

Its RACE time!!

Hi all....

Just thought I'd send a quick update to ensure everyone I am still alive.. Although I have been somewhat of a hermit especially so the past month or two which hopefully come Sunday afternoon will all change....Why Sunday afternoon??? Because this Sunday I will attempt to achieve a long standing goal of mine and put 6 months of hard work and dedication into one day when I take the start line in the Switzerland Ironman Triathlon in Zurich. For those who don’t know, this will consist of a 3.8km swim, 180.2km cycle and just a lazy 42.2km run (yes that’s a full marathon to end it with).

Juggling work, training and social life has been very hard but I have managed through hard work and dedication (some refer to this as obsession / craziness)... Some say just getting to the start line is an achievement in itself given that training for such an event is almost a second job in itself – the past three months I have averaged approximately 25hours a week in training – and that’s on top of work and then managing weight reduction (I will start the race 13kgs lighter than I was when I moved to the UK in December)!! Unfortunately for me, just getting to the start line wont be satisfying as its not the goal I set out to achieve – crossing the finish line and hearing the commentator yell out those magical 6 words is what all of this hard work is for.. (stay tuned for a post race report and hopefully I’ll be able to let you know what those 6 words are….)

Some basic race details are as follows:

Location: Zurich, Switzerland

Date: Sunday, 12 July 2009

Time: 7:00am (Zurich Time)

6:00am (London Time)

3:00pm (Melbourne Time)

2:00pm (Brisbane Time)

Online tracking: http://ironman.com/

Adam Traeger # 331

James Monahan # 619

Marcus Waters # 1277

I leave for Zurich on Friday morning and from that point onwards most likely wont have email access but in the mean time I just want to thank everyone for their support and well wishes. The last 6 months have required a lot of sacrifice and dedication and I couldn’t have done it without the friends and family around me so thanks to all…

NOW ITS TIME TO CRANK IT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment